UK: Cadbury Schweppes - sour grapes or genuine fear? - COMMENT
Cadbury Schweppes has raised concerns over PepsiCo's proposed acquisition of Quaker Oats. London, May 31st, 2001 (CommentWire) - Cadbury Schweppes has warned the US Federal Trade Commission that the acquisition could lead to rivals being shut out of retail outlets. However, the FTC is still expected to authorize the acquisition, possibly as early as the end of June 2001. Despite this, the fears over distribution control may have some merit and the FTC may have to become stricter in the future.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Update - Post Holdings confirms Weetabix deal
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations