USA: Cadbury Schweppes to buy out 45% minority shareholding in Cadbury Schweppes South Africa
Cadbury Schweppes plc (NYSE: CSG; "CS") on Friday, announced its intention to acquire the outstanding 45% minority in its South African subsidiary, Cadbury Schweppes (South Africa) Limited ("CSSA"), for ZAR1,581 million (143 million pounds sterling), via a Scheme of Arrangement ("the Scheme").Prior to the Scheme becoming operative, CSSA will distribute its shareholding in Amalgamated Beverage Industries Limited ("ABI") to all CSSA shareholders, including CS, pro-rata to their holdings in CSSA.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs