USA: Cadbury Schweppes to buy out 45% minority shareholding in Cadbury Schweppes South Africa
Cadbury Schweppes plc (NYSE: CSG; "CS") on Friday, announced its intention to acquire the outstanding 45% minority in its South African subsidiary, Cadbury Schweppes (South Africa) Limited ("CSSA"), for ZAR1,581 million (143 million pounds sterling), via a Scheme of Arrangement ("the Scheme").Prior to the Scheme becoming operative, CSSA will distribute its shareholding in Amalgamated Beverage Industries Limited ("ABI") to all CSSA shareholders, including CS, pro-rata to their holdings in CSSA.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Kerry Group staff in Ireland suspend strike action
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin