UK/CHINA: Cadbury Schweppes to buy stake in Shanghai confectioner
UK confectionery and soft drinks giant Cadbury Schweppes is reported to be in talks with Shanghai Maling Aquarius (SAM) to acquire a 51% stake in its 75%-owned chocolate producing subsidiary Shenfeng Food Company (SFC). SFC is Shanghai's leading chocolate maker, and sources at the company told the Shanghai Daily that the companies' officials may reach a deal next month.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs