UK/CHINA: Cadbury Schweppes to buy stake in Shanghai confectioner
UK confectionery and soft drinks giant Cadbury Schweppes is reported to be in talks with Shanghai Maling Aquarius (SAM) to acquire a 51% stake in its 75%-owned chocolate producing subsidiary Shenfeng Food Company (SFC). SFC is Shanghai's leading chocolate maker, and sources at the company told the Shanghai Daily that the companies' officials may reach a deal next month.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund