BRAZIL: Cade to investigate CBD's buyout offer for local Jeronimo arm
Brazil's largest grocer Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao's (CBD) buyout of Se, the local arm of Portugese supermarket chain Jeronimo Martins, has been put on hold by the country's financial watchdog Cade. The Ministry of Finance asked Cade to examine the €143m (US$139.8m) offer in order to establish whether it will have any anti-competitive effects in giving CBD a dominant position in wealthy Sao Paulo state.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre