BRAZIL: Cade to investigate CBD's buyout offer for local Jeronimo arm
Brazil's largest grocer Companhia Brasileira de Distribuicao's (CBD) buyout of Se, the local arm of Portugese supermarket chain Jeronimo Martins, has been put on hold by the country's financial watchdog Cade. The Ministry of Finance asked Cade to examine the €143m (US$139.8m) offer in order to establish whether it will have any anti-competitive effects in giving CBD a dominant position in wealthy Sao Paulo state.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti