UK: Caffe Nero abandons takeover bid for Coffee Republic
UK coffee shop chain Caffe Nero has abandoned its plans to launch a takeover bid for rival chain Coffee Republic. Caffe Nero claimed that Coffee Republic failed to provide adequate access to its books and would not allow the potential buyer to verify standard issues. Coffee Republic denied claims it had withheld information. "They [Caffe Nero] knew everything they needed to know, if they were serious about making an offer," a source close to the company was quoted as saying by the Guardian.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- 'City institutions behind bid for Fox's Biscuits'
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea