US: Cal-Maine acquires Zephyr
Cal-Maine Foods has acquired Florida-based egg producer Zephyr Egg Co.
Cal-Maine said that the transaction will give it 2m laying hens, two egg processing plants, pullet growing facilities, a feed mill and a fleet of delivery trucks.
Cal-Maine said that the move would strengthen its business in Florida and the Southeast region.
"This acquisition will complement our existing operations in Florida and allow us to enhance service to our existing customers and attract additional customers in Florida and other Southeastern markets," Fred Adams, Jr., Cal-Maine chairman and CEO, said today (25 June).
The financial details of the transaction were not disclosed.
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch