US: Cal-Maine appoints Miller as COO
Cal-Maine Foods has promoted vice president of operations Sherman Miller to COO of the company.
The US egg producer said today (31 May) that Miller will have responsibility for all of its production and processing facilities. He will report into president and CEO Dolph Baker.
Miller has been with Cal-Maine Foods for over 14 years. He was previously general manager of the company's Chase office in Kansas. He also held management positions at the company's processing plants in Delta in Utah and Edwards in Mississippi.
"He is well qualified to take on this important role with Cal-Maine Foods. Having served in a variety of management positions in different locations, he has a deep understanding of all aspects of our operations. This well-deserved promotion recognises Sherman's leadership and dedication to the company, and we look forward to continuing to work with him as we execute our growth strategy," said Baker.
US egg producer Cal-Maine Foods has seen higher feed costs hit its quarterly profits....
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid