USA: Cal-Maine Foods explores possibility of going private
Cal-Maine Foods, the largest US producer and distributor of fresh shell eggs, has announced that its board of directors has unanimously voted to explore the possibility of the company becoming privately held. While no final decision has been made, the company said a special committee of three independent directors has been appointed to investigate the feasibility of such an action and to ensure that the best interests of the company and its shareholders are served.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre