USA: Calavo Growers to buy Maui Fresh for $4.5m
US avocado marketer Calavo has said it is to buy Anaheim-based produce distributor Maui Fresh International for US$4.5m in stock. Calavo said it expects the transaction, which is the first acquisition by Calavo since it changed from a growers' cooperative to a public company last year, to be completed in early November.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs