JAPAN: Calbee commences Jagariko products recall
Tokyo-based Calbee Foods Co revealed earlier today that it is embarking on a recall of all its Jagariko crisp snack products produced on or before 7 June. The reason for the recall is that the genetically modified NewLeaf Plus potato variety, which is yet to receive approval in Japan, was discovered mixed with other ingredients at the company's plant in Shiga Prefecture, western Japan. It was detected in four of eight test samples of the two types of Jagariko products.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth