JAPAN: Calbee commences Jagariko products recall
Tokyo-based Calbee Foods Co revealed earlier today that it is embarking on a recall of all its Jagariko crisp snack products produced on or before 7 June. The reason for the recall is that the genetically modified NewLeaf Plus potato variety, which is yet to receive approval in Japan, was discovered mixed with other ingredients at the company's plant in Shiga Prefecture, western Japan. It was detected in four of eight test samples of the two types of Jagariko products.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action