US: Calbee signs marketing deal with PepsiCo
PepsiCo will have the exclusive distribution rights and handle sales and marketing for the Jagabee potato snack brand
Japanese snacks firm Calbee has entered into a business partnership with PepsiCo which it says will allow it to expand in the North American market.
Under the deal, announced yesterday (20 September) by the Japanese company, PepsiCo will have the exclusive distribution rights and handle sales and marketing for the Jagabee potato snack brand which Calbee North America will begin manufacturing in the US from April 2013.
Calbee said the deal would "generate synergies by leveraging Calbee's strength in product development and PepsiCo's strength in marketing and sales".
Calbee expects that by the fiscal year to the end of March 2019, its North American sales will have risen to JPY50bn (US$639.3m).
PepsiCo already has a joint venture agreement with Calbee in Japan. The two firms formed the alliance in 2009 to jointly produce and sell a range of food products in Japan.
Obesity is a global epidemic that is "bankrupting economies and short changing futures", we were told during a round table at the World Economic Forum in Davos this weekend....
Indian food maker Hindustan Foods Ltd has reached a manufacturing and supply agreement with PepsoCo....
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Indonesia - Sweet and sour of confectionery sector
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- BRF to buy certain Molinos Rio de la Plata brands
- Aldi reformulates US private-label lines
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019
- Chilled Processed Food Packaging in the United Kingdom