US: Calbee signs marketing deal with PepsiCo
PepsiCo will have the exclusive distribution rights and handle sales and marketing for the Jagabee potato snack brand
Japanese snacks firm Calbee has entered into a business partnership with PepsiCo which it says will allow it to expand in the North American market.
Under the deal, announced yesterday (20 September) by the Japanese company, PepsiCo will have the exclusive distribution rights and handle sales and marketing for the Jagabee potato snack brand which Calbee North America will begin manufacturing in the US from April 2013.
Calbee said the deal would "generate synergies by leveraging Calbee's strength in product development and PepsiCo's strength in marketing and sales".
Calbee expects that by the fiscal year to the end of March 2019, its North American sales will have risen to JPY50bn (US$639.3m).
PepsiCo already has a joint venture agreement with Calbee in Japan. The two firms formed the alliance in 2009 to jointly produce and sell a range of food products in Japan.
Obesity is a global epidemic that is "bankrupting economies and short changing futures", we were told during a round table at the World Economic Forum in Davos this weekend....
Indian food maker Hindustan Foods Ltd has reached a manufacturing and supply agreement with PepsoCo....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- How to win in Australian gluten-free cereal
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Brexit – How France's food market will be hit
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights