USA: California Pizza Kitchen expands in Southern California
Casual dining chain, the California Pizza Kitchen, is to open its first restaurant in Long Beach, California on 5 March.
Situated in one of the city's most popular shopping destinations, The Marketplace, the new restaurant is California Pizza Kitchen's 39th location in Southern California.
To celebrate the opening, the company will donate 100% of pizza sales to the Long Beach Habitat for Humanity affiliate on Monday, March 11.
"With the support of businesses such as California Pizza Kitchen, Habitat for Humanity has been able to help provide our neighbors with a fundamental need - a home in which to raise their families," said Erin Rank, executive director, South Bay-Long Beach Habitat for Humanity.
Habitat for Humanity International brings families and communities together with volunteers and resources to build decent, affordable housing. The families invest 500 hours of "sweat equity" to help build their homes, then pay a zero-interest mortgage that helps build homes for other families.
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife