USA: California Pizza Kitchen revises guidance for the third quarter
California Pizza Kitchen Inc., (Nasdaq:CPKI) announced today that due to the tragic events of September 11, 2001 and the resulting softness in the economy, earnings per share for the third quarter ended September 30, 2001 will likely be in the range of $0.18 to $0.19 per share. For the third quarter, same store restaurant sales prior to September 11th were approximately 3.5%. Due to the events on that day, over 50% of the company's restaurants either did not open for business or closed early. Since September 11th, the company has seen a decline in same store sales, although there has been a recent gradual return toward normal levels.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week