USA: California Pizza Kitchen revises guidance for the third quarter
California Pizza Kitchen Inc., (Nasdaq:CPKI) announced today that due to the tragic events of September 11, 2001 and the resulting softness in the economy, earnings per share for the third quarter ended September 30, 2001 will likely be in the range of $0.18 to $0.19 per share. For the third quarter, same store restaurant sales prior to September 11th were approximately 3.5%. Due to the events on that day, over 50% of the company's restaurants either did not open for business or closed early. Since September 11th, the company has seen a decline in same store sales, although there has been a recent gradual return toward normal levels.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1