USA: Californian to head US Department of Agriculture
Ann Veneman was nominated Wednesday by President-elect George W. Bush to serve as US Secretary of Agriculture. She would be the first woman to hold the post. "I want to promote policies that will help all of our farmers reap a bountiful harvest for years to come," she said. Veneman, 51, has held a variety of agriculture-related posts since 1986. She was the first woman to serve as director of the California Department of Food and Agriculture, 1996-'98.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega