EU: Call goes out for organic review
The EU's agriculture commissioner Mariann Fischer Boel has backed a review of the bloc's plan to promote environmentally-friendly food production.
Speaking in Nürnberg, Germany, Fischer Boel (pictured) said she favoured a "mid-term evaluation" of 2004's European Action Plan for Organic Food and Farming.
"We should keep the plan's substance. But if there's clear evidence that we need to change course slightly - why not?"
Fischer Boel highlighted the pressures faced by organic food producers while "prices have gone up and down like a rollercoaster".
The action plan, which lists 21 actions to promote environmentally-friendly food production, pushes standardisation, labelling rules and government support for the organic sector.
The UK's food ministry has spent the last few months looking into its crystal ball to see what the future holds for global food production. Its conclusions are stark. How we get there seems unclear. D...
A study by the UK's Food Standards Agency (FSA) has cast serious doubt on whether organic food can claim to have nutritional and health benefits. And despite subsequent criticism, the FSA has stood fi...
Two weeks ago, the Food Standards Agency published a research review suggesting there are no significant nutrient differences between organic and non-organic food and no additional health benefits. No...
A core number of shoppers have remained committed to buying organic food in spite of the downturn, new research has found....
Organic food campaigners have accused New Zealand's food safety body of understating the significance of pesticide residues in the country's food supply....
The UK government laid out its vision for the food sector this week and insisted there needed to be a "radical rethink" of our the industry does business. The debate over GM was reignited, while the o...
Organic farming offers a means of improving the sustainability of food production in the UK, organic body The Soil Association told just-food today (10 August)....
The UK food watchdog has launched a fierce defence against criticism over its claim last week that organic food gives consumers no extra health benefits....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review