UK: Camelot wins lottery franchise, Cadbury's numbers are up
Cadbury Schweppes was celebrating this morning as news arrived that the National Lottery Commission has reversed an earlier decision and awarded Camelot a new seven-year franchise to run the UK lottery. Lord Burns, chairman of the commission, explained that the rival bid by Richard Branson's People Lottery was unsuccessful this time around because of "uncertainty relating to achievable sales."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp