UK: Camelot wins lottery franchise, Cadbury's numbers are up
Cadbury Schweppes was celebrating this morning as news arrived that the National Lottery Commission has reversed an earlier decision and awarded Camelot a new seven-year franchise to run the UK lottery. Lord Burns, chairman of the commission, explained that the rival bid by Richard Branson's People Lottery was unsuccessful this time around because of "uncertainty relating to achievable sales."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance