UK: Camelot wins lottery franchise, Cadbury's numbers are up
Cadbury Schweppes was celebrating this morning as news arrived that the National Lottery Commission has reversed an earlier decision and awarded Camelot a new seven-year franchise to run the UK lottery. Lord Burns, chairman of the commission, explained that the rival bid by Richard Branson's People Lottery was unsuccessful this time around because of "uncertainty relating to achievable sales."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea