US: Campbell announces product recall
US food producer Campbell Soup Co. is recalling a limited quantity of one of its soups after three consumers were injured from plastic found in the products.
Campbell said the recall affected 18.8oz cans of its Campbell's Chunky Baked Potato with Cheddar & Bacon Bits. The soups may contain pieces of hard plastic that present a choking hazard and cause injury if swallowed, the company said.
Three consumers had reported minor injuries in and around the mouth after eating the product. But it added that no other products were affected by this recall.
Consumers can return the product to the store where they purchased it for an exchange or full refund, the company said.
Campbell added that 72,300 units of the recalled soups had been shipped to customers in 24 states.
Companies: Campbell Soup Co.
Tasty Baking Co. CFO David Marberger is to quit the US baker to take the top finance job at upmarket chocolate maker Godiva....
Campbell Soup Co. is to use around US$600m of the proceeds from its sale of upmarket chocolate business Godiva for a share buyback....
Premier Foods, the UK's largest food manufacturer, has slashed its dividend after posting a loss for 2007 due to rising commodity costs and mounting debts....
Campbell Soup Co. has shaken up its range of soups on sale in the US with a series of ready-to-serve products and the reformulation of soups aimed at kids....
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti