US: Campbell announces product recall
US food producer Campbell Soup Co. is recalling a limited quantity of one of its soups after three consumers were injured from plastic found in the products.
Campbell said the recall affected 18.8oz cans of its Campbell's Chunky Baked Potato with Cheddar & Bacon Bits. The soups may contain pieces of hard plastic that present a choking hazard and cause injury if swallowed, the company said.
Three consumers had reported minor injuries in and around the mouth after eating the product. But it added that no other products were affected by this recall.
Consumers can return the product to the store where they purchased it for an exchange or full refund, the company said.
Campbell added that 72,300 units of the recalled soups had been shipped to customers in 24 states.
Companies: Campbell Soup Co.
Tasty Baking Co. CFO David Marberger is to quit the US baker to take the top finance job at upmarket chocolate maker Godiva....
Campbell Soup Co. is to use around US$600m of the proceeds from its sale of upmarket chocolate business Godiva for a share buyback....
Premier Foods, the UK's largest food manufacturer, has slashed its dividend after posting a loss for 2007 due to rising commodity costs and mounting debts....
Campbell Soup Co. has shaken up its range of soups on sale in the US with a series of ready-to-serve products and the reformulation of soups aimed at kids....
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid