USA: Campbell completes purchase of market-leading soup and sauce businesses in Europe from Unilever
Campbell Soup Company (NYSE: CPB) has completed the previously announced purchase of several market-leading soup and sauce businesses in Europe from Unilever. The purchase price was 1 billion Euros or approximately 900 million U.S. dollars. Campbell announced this acquisition agreement with Unilever on January 29, 2001. The European Commission gave its approval to the transaction on April 3.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund