US: Campbell issues warning on 2014/15 fiscal year
Campbell could look to further change portfolio
Campbell Soup Co. today (21 May) warned sales and earnings in its upcoming new financial year would fall below the company's long-term targets.
The US food group has goals for annual organic sales to grow 3-4%, for adjusted EBIT to rise 4-6% and for adjusted earnings per share to climb 5-7%.
However, ahead of an investor meeting today, Campbell said its results for the financial year starting 4 August is "expected to be below these long-term targets".
The owner of brands including its namesake soup and Plum baby food said it expected sales to rise on an organic basis in the new year.
Campbell has seen its growth held back by a challenging US soup category and has sought to boost its top line through acquisitions and disposals in recent years. It indicated it would look again at its portfolio to hit the long-term growth targets.
The group said it "may need to continue reshaping its portfolio to achieve these long-term goals".
The Campbell name remains strongly associated with soup, especially in its domestic market, the US. However, as it faces declining sales of canned/preserved soup, it is increasingly moving towards oth...
Cookies also commonly known as biscuits are a type of bakery products which are sweet in taste. The Global Cookies market report excludes savory or salted biscuits and considers only the sweet biscuit...
Plimsoll’s Organic Food Manufacturers (Global) analysis is the most definitive and accurate study of the Organic Food Manufacturers (Global) sector in 2013. The report is split into two sections and ...
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis: The impact on shopper behaviour
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020