US: Campbell names strategy exec; mum on Godiva
Campbell Soup Co. has named Kirk Elliot as vice president, corporate strategy, the US group said today (21 August).
Elliot replaces Andrew Brennan, who was recently appointed general manager for the Campbell brand and Asia. Elliot has worked at RJR Nabisco, Burger King Corp. and US-based agribusiness and food group Bunge.
The executive will report to Carl Johnson, Campbell's senior vice president and chief strategy officer. Johnson called Elliot an "innovative, inspirational, and results-oriented leader".
A Campbell spokesman refused to be drawn on Elliot's initial key tasks. "Our key categories are simple meals, baked snacks and vegetable-based beverages," the spokesman said.
Campbell's focus on the three sectors has led the company to consider offloading Godiva, the upmarket chocolate business.
Campbell announced earlier this month that it is "exploring strategic alternatives" for Godiva, which generates annual sales of around US$500m.
The spokesman refused to speculate on when Campbell expects to complete its review of the business or the level of interest that may have been interested in Godiva.
Earlier this month, industry analysts tipped Nestlé as the likely front-runner for Godiva.
Campbell Soup Co. has signed up Russian meat processor Joosten Products to produce its range of broths for the local market....
The sale of upmarket chocolate business Godiva has won competition clearance in the US, current brand-owner Campbell Soup Co. has confirmed....
The owner of Turkish food company Ülker Group looks set to buy upmarket chocolate business Godiva from Campbell Soup Co. for US$850m....
Campbell Soup Co. has teamed up with Grammy-award winner Toni Braxton and designer Lisa Perry in an initiative to promote heart-health among US women....
Nestlé is to team up with Belgian chocolate maker Pierre Marcolini, the Swiss food giant announced today (13 December)....
There will be more consolidation among US packaged food companies in 2008, according to debt rating agency Fitch's....
Godiva chocolate owner Campbell Soup Co. has admitted the recall of certain Christmas chocolates in Asia and Europe is "not ideal" in the run-up to the festive season....
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Nestle invests in Italian pizza production
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report