USA: Campbell reports consumer purchases of U.S. soup increased 5 percent for second quarter; earnings per share at $.65
Campbell Soup Company (NYSE: CPB) today reported diluted earnings per share of $.65 for the second quarter ended January 28, 2001, even with the same period last year. Net sales in the quarter increased 2 percent to $2 billion, a 5 percent increase before the impact of currency and divestitures. This performance was largely driven by significant improvement in the U.S. soup business, which resulted from increased marketing investments, including the "M'm! M'm! Good!" advertising campaign, and more seasonable winter weather. For the quarter, U.S. soup consumer purchases increased 5 percent. For the first six months of the fiscal year, U.S. soup consumer purchases increased 4 percent. As expected, net earnings for the quarter declined 4 percent to $271 million compared to $281 million a year earlier due to continued increases in marketing investment.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review