USA: Campbell reports earnings per share at $.30; consumer purchases of U.S. soup increased 12 percent for third quarter
Campbell Soup Company (NYSE: CPB) yesterday reported diluted earnings per share of $.30 for the third quarter ended April 29, 2001, down 6 percent from the same period last year. Net sales in the quarter increased 3 percent to $1.4 billion, a 5 percent increase before the impact of currency. This performance was largely driven by a 7 percent volume increase in the U.S. soup business, which resulted in part from increased marketing investments. For the quarter, consumer purchases of U.S. soup increased 12 percent. For the first nine months of the fiscal year, consumer purchases of U.S. soup increased 6 percent. Net earnings for the quarter declined 12 percent to $122 million compared to $139 million a year earlier. Volume increases partially offset higher marketing, interest and corporate expenses.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report