USA: Campbell reports fall in Q2 earnings as shipments slip
Camden, New Jersey-based Campbell Soup Company today reported a 23% decrease in diluted earnings per share for the Q2 ended 27 January 2002. Net sales in the Q2 increased 3% to US$1.8bn, driven by the flat base volume and mix, promotions, currency exchange rates, and the European dry soup and sauces acquisitions, which were completed in the Q4.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix