USA/AUSTRALIA: Campbell says to buy leading snack food brands in Australia
Campbell Soup Co, the Camden, NJ-based food giant, has said that its Australian subsidiary, Arnott's Biscuits Holdings, is to make a cash offer of A$2 (US$1.15) per share for all of the shares of Snack Foods Ltd, a leader in the Australian salty snack category. Under the terms of the offer, Snack Foods' shareholders will also receive a dividend of A$0.025 per share, previously paid in October, from Snack Foods. The acquisition will be in the form of an all-cash tender offer, and the total consideration for the shares would be about A$255m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Unilever launches operational review
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid
- Kerry operating earnings strengthen on slow sales
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Kerry's Scanlon to replace McCarthy as CEO