USA/AUSTRALIA: Campbell says to buy leading snack food brands in Australia
Campbell Soup Co, the Camden, NJ-based food giant, has said that its Australian subsidiary, Arnott's Biscuits Holdings, is to make a cash offer of A$2 (US$1.15) per share for all of the shares of Snack Foods Ltd, a leader in the Australian salty snack category. Under the terms of the offer, Snack Foods' shareholders will also receive a dividend of A$0.025 per share, previously paid in October, from Snack Foods. The acquisition will be in the form of an all-cash tender offer, and the total consideration for the shares would be about A$255m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance