USA: Campbell Soup - DBRS comments on acquisition of Unilever's European culinary brands
Campbell Soup Company ("Campbell" or "the Company") has announced an agreement to purchase several market-leading European culinary brand businesses from Unilever for EUR1 billion (US$950 million). The acquisition expands and strengthens Campbell's market presence in European dry soup and bouillon markets. This acquisition makes Campbell the market leader in the U.K., Belgium, France, Germany, Sweden and Finland, with 30% of the European market compared with 20% previously, with all but one of the acquired brands number one or two in their respective markets. The combined brands should add over $400 million sales and $50 million EBIT to Campbell going forward. If included for F2000, these businesses increase Campbell Europe's sales from $568 million to $982 million pro forma. The acquired businesses have 58% of sales from the instant soup, bouillon, and noodles segment.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review