USA/EUROPE: Campbell to acquire market-leading soup and sauce businesses in Europe from Unilever
Campbell Soup Company (NYSE: CPB) announced today that it has agreed to purchase several market-leading soup and sauce businesses in Europe from Unilever. The businesses have combined annual sales of more than $400 million. They include three instant dry soup brands - "Batchelors" in the United Kingdom, "Royco" in France and Belgium, and "Heisse Tasse" in Germany - and "Oxo" bouillon cubes in the United Kingdom. The agreement also includes additional businesses in Belgium, France, Ireland, Sweden, Finland, and the Netherlands. The purchase price is approximately 1 billion Euros or 950 million U.S. dollars.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- Hershey steps up work on calories