USA/EUROPE: Campbell to acquire market-leading soup and sauce businesses in Europe from Unilever
Campbell Soup Company (NYSE: CPB) announced today that it has agreed to purchase several market-leading soup and sauce businesses in Europe from Unilever. The businesses have combined annual sales of more than $400 million. They include three instant dry soup brands - "Batchelors" in the United Kingdom, "Royco" in France and Belgium, and "Heisse Tasse" in Germany - and "Oxo" bouillon cubes in the United Kingdom. The agreement also includes additional businesses in Belgium, France, Ireland, Sweden, Finland, and the Netherlands. The purchase price is approximately 1 billion Euros or 950 million U.S. dollars.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund