USA: Campbell to Sell MacFarms of Hawaii
Campbell Soup Company (NYSE: CPB - news) today announced it has reached agreement to sell its MacFarms of Hawaii macadamia nut orchard and processing facility to Blue Diamond Growers, a California based cooperative. The terms of the transaction were not disclosed.Campbell said the divestiture includes all the operations and assets of MacFarms. The MacFarms orchard, located on the Big Island of Hawaii, is the largest macadamia nut orchard in the world.MacFarms produces and sells a wide range of high quality macadamia nut products for both industrial and retail markets. MacFarms has a sales and distribution agreement with Blue Diamond Growers, and most of MacFarms' industrial product is sold under the Blue Diamond brand. Net sales in the fiscal year ended July 1999 were approximately $29 million."The sale of MacFarms will enable us to focus on our core biscuit, soup, and sauce businesses in the Asia/Pacific Region," said Andrew K. Hughson, President - Campbell Asia/Pacific.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- The promise of fledgling Czech gluten-free market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review