USA: Campbell to Sell MacFarms of Hawaii
Campbell Soup Company (NYSE: CPB - news) today announced it has reached agreement to sell its MacFarms of Hawaii macadamia nut orchard and processing facility to Blue Diamond Growers, a California based cooperative. The terms of the transaction were not disclosed.Campbell said the divestiture includes all the operations and assets of MacFarms. The MacFarms orchard, located on the Big Island of Hawaii, is the largest macadamia nut orchard in the world.MacFarms produces and sells a wide range of high quality macadamia nut products for both industrial and retail markets. MacFarms has a sales and distribution agreement with Blue Diamond Growers, and most of MacFarms' industrial product is sold under the Blue Diamond brand. Net sales in the fiscal year ended July 1999 were approximately $29 million."The sale of MacFarms will enable us to focus on our core biscuit, soup, and sauce businesses in the Asia/Pacific Region," said Andrew K. Hughson, President - Campbell Asia/Pacific.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund