USA: Campbell to Sell MacFarms of Hawaii
Campbell Soup Company (NYSE: CPB - news) today announced it has reached agreement to sell its MacFarms of Hawaii macadamia nut orchard and processing facility to Blue Diamond Growers, a California based cooperative. The terms of the transaction were not disclosed.Campbell said the divestiture includes all the operations and assets of MacFarms. The MacFarms orchard, located on the Big Island of Hawaii, is the largest macadamia nut orchard in the world.MacFarms produces and sells a wide range of high quality macadamia nut products for both industrial and retail markets. MacFarms has a sales and distribution agreement with Blue Diamond Growers, and most of MacFarms' industrial product is sold under the Blue Diamond brand. Net sales in the fiscal year ended July 1999 were approximately $29 million."The sale of MacFarms will enable us to focus on our core biscuit, soup, and sauce businesses in the Asia/Pacific Region," said Andrew K. Hughson, President - Campbell Asia/Pacific.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch