USA: Campbell's Australian biscuit unit announces manufacturing reconfiguration
Campbell Soup Company (NYSE: CPB) today announced that its Arnott's biscuit unit in Australia is reconfiguring its manufacturing network to drive greater efficiency and effectiveness in support of its growth agenda. The reconfiguration includes increased investments of approximately $30 million in three facilities-Sydney, Brisbane and Adelaide -- and the closure in September 2002 of its Melbourne plant. Arnott's is Australia's market-leading biscuit company and has been wholly owned by Campbell since 1997.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail