FRANCE: Campbell's Liebig, Bel to launch Kiri-flavoured soup
The Kiri-flavoured Liebig soup was launched in French supermarkets earlier this month
Campbell Soup's French brand Liebig has teamed up with dairy group Bel to launch two varieties of Kiri-cheese flavoured soup - mixed vegetables and pumpkin - on the domestic market.
It marks the first time Liebig has co-branded one of its products.
"Liebig's aim with this partnership is to get the whole family eating soup, including children. Soup is already a good way of getting children to like vegetables and
mothers will often add cheese to soup in order to please them," a spokesperson for Campbell Soup France told just-food.
While Liebig is carrying out most of the marketing for the soups, co-operation between the brands extends to Kiri being advertised on the packaging of Liebig soups and vice versa.
The Kiri-flavoured Liebig soup was launched in French supermarkets earlier this month. It is available in both 1 litre and 2x30cl packs.
Groupe Bel, the French firm behind products including The Laughing Cow, has snapped up Spanish cheese brand Tranchettes....
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- Why US diet guidelines should consider environment
- Global factors hold sway over UK milk prices
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Food industry news of week: Unilever, PepsiCo
- Chobani launches Tots infant range
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Premier Foods hails "improving" sales trends
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report