NETHERLANDS/THAILAND: Campina acquires Parmalat Thailand
Dutch dairy company Campina has acquired the dairy activities in Thailand of Italian food giant Parmalat for an undisclosed amount.
Campina said the acquisition marked its first steps in the Asian region in terms of the production and sale of consumer products.
"The acquisition emphasises the fact that the company is actively pursuing the strategy it revealed last year to take advantage of opportunities for growth in Asia," Campina said.
Parmalat Thailand's operations are mainly focused on pasteurised and long-life milk. With approximately 175 employees, the company achieved a turnover of several million euros in 2003, Campina said.
The Dutch company said the acquisition offers an opportunity for Campina to set up a local unit aimed at the development of its operations in Thailand relatively quickly.
"It is true that dairy consumption in Thailand is low compared to that of Western European countries; however, the consumption is showing strong growth," the company said, adding that Thailand is one of the fastest growing economies in the region.
Campina will acquire 90% of the shares of Parmalat Thailand. The remaining 10% will remain in the hands off a local partner.
The last few years has seen a large increase in the number of new product introductions in the meat substitutes category, which includes products made from soy, tofu, mycoprotein and TVP. As well as c...
The international dairy co-operative Campina has joined forces with Thai Dairy Industries in the production of fresh and long-life consumer dairy products in Thailand in a joint venture that becomes o...
Dutch dairy cooperative Campina has purchased a 7.96% stake in the publicly listed Alaska Milk Corporation....
Dutch diary products company Campina has announced that Michael Feller has been appointed managing director Germany, a division of the Consumer Products Europe group, from 1 January 2006....
Dutch dairy products company Campina has announced that B.C. (Bert) Jansen, a member of the Campina executive board with responsibility for the consumer products Europe division, has resigned followin...
Dutch dairy products firm Campina has said it has passed the US$100m investment mark in the Russian market and has underlined its ambitions for growth there....
Spanish dairy firm Leche Pascual is bullish on China's promising yoghurts market and it is looking for partners - including large peer Mengniu Dairy - that can help it grow in the country, a company s...
Dutch dairy company Campina has said that as part of its growth strategy it has opened a completely refurbished production facility in Aalter, Belgium....
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs