NETHERLANDS: Campina forms Thai venture
Dutch dairy co-operative Campina has set up a venture in Thailand, the company said today (6 July).
Campina has joined forces with Thai Advanced Food, a producer of cultured yoghurts and drinks under the Betagen brand.
The venture, which will have a turnover of around EUR60m (US$81.6m), will look to produce yoghurt and yoghurt drinks for the Thai market.
"For Campina, this joint venture fits very well in its strategic ambition to expand its international business in the area of healthy products, particularly via yoghurts and drinks," the company said.
The chief executive of Campina is to leave the company after the Dutch dairy group decided to push for a merger with local rival Friesland Foods....
Dairy groups Friesland Foods and Campina are in talks over a possible merger, the companies said today (19 December)....
Dutch dairy group Campina has bought an ingredients business from German dairy co-operative Humana Milchunion for an undisclosed sum....
The seven co-operatives that make up French dairy group Sodiaal, best known for its Candia and Yoplait brands, have merged into a single entity....
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti