SPAIN: Campofrio-owned Aoste in talks to close plant
French cold meats firm Aoste, part of Spain's Campofrio Food Group, has entered into discussions with union officials over the closure of its Yssingeaux plant in the south of France.
A spokesperson for Campofrio told just-food today (11 December) that a proposal has been put forward for the closure of the Yssingeaux plant. Management is due to meet with union officials representing the employees affected on Thursday. Around 25 staff members could be affected by a closure of the Haute-Loire-based facility.
The plant produces cold meats under the Justin Bridou brand and for Carrefour in France.
In April, Aoste announced plans to close its Boffres plant in south-west France, which employed around 70 staff.
Dubai-based retail and hospitality group Majid Al Futtaim is looking to buy a stake in Middle East grocer Spinneys....
Plum Organics this week joined Happy Family and Ella's Kitchen as three organic baby food brands set to have new, multinational owners. Campbell Soup Co. is to buy Plum, joining Danone and Hain Celest...
Carrefour has sold its stake in its venture with Dubai-based group Majid Al Futtaim - but said the franchise deal between the two companies will be expanded....
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Why May's Brexit comments give reason for optimism
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Bernard Matthews pensions scheme under review
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report