SPAIN: Campofrio-owned Aoste in talks to close plant
French cold meats firm Aoste, part of Spain's Campofrio Food Group, has entered into discussions with union officials over the closure of its Yssingeaux plant in the south of France.
A spokesperson for Campofrio told just-food today (11 December) that a proposal has been put forward for the closure of the Yssingeaux plant. Management is due to meet with union officials representing the employees affected on Thursday. Around 25 staff members could be affected by a closure of the Haute-Loire-based facility.
The plant produces cold meats under the Justin Bridou brand and for Carrefour in France.
In April, Aoste announced plans to close its Boffres plant in south-west France, which employed around 70 staff.
Carrefour Argentina SA is expected to continue focusing its expansion strategy on building its presence through store-based retailing, with plans to increase the number of outlets in the new Carrefour...
Carrefour intends to continue to invest in new formats in order to combat slow growth plaguing hypermarkets, as consumers increasingly prefer more convenient and manageable grocery formats. The compan...
Dubai-based retail and hospitality group Majid Al Futtaim is looking to buy a stake in Middle East grocer Spinneys....
- Sustainability Watch: The US packaging challenge
- The just-food interview: Bega Cheese CEO
- Why US foodservice could offer route to growth
- Maspex: M&A opportunities in eastern Europe
- Why "simple" and "real" will be industry buzzwords
- UPDATE: Mondelez confirms Irish plant changes
- WhiteWave launches "Australian-style" yoghurt
- Bright Food "to buy 70% of Tnuva"
- Saputo's Warrnambool to buy Lion's cheese arm
- Thorntons sales, profits fall