SPAIN: Campofrio-owned Aoste in talks to close plant
French cold meats firm Aoste, part of Spain's Campofrio Food Group, has entered into discussions with union officials over the closure of its Yssingeaux plant in the south of France.
A spokesperson for Campofrio told just-food today (11 December) that a proposal has been put forward for the closure of the Yssingeaux plant. Management is due to meet with union officials representing the employees affected on Thursday. Around 25 staff members could be affected by a closure of the Haute-Loire-based facility.
The plant produces cold meats under the Justin Bridou brand and for Carrefour in France.
In April, Aoste announced plans to close its Boffres plant in south-west France, which employed around 70 staff.
Dubai-based retail and hospitality group Majid Al Futtaim is looking to buy a stake in Middle East grocer Spinneys....
Plum Organics this week joined Happy Family and Ella's Kitchen as three organic baby food brands set to have new, multinational owners. Campbell Soup Co. is to buy Plum, joining Danone and Hain Celest...
Carrefour has sold its stake in its venture with Dubai-based group Majid Al Futtaim - but said the franchise deal between the two companies will be expanded....
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- What lies ahead for Tyrrells and Amplify?
- Hain accounting issue rounds off problem year
- England child obesity plan should cheer industry
- Why Jet.com purchase could boost Wal-Mart online
- Lotus Bakeries enjoys growth organically, via M&A
- Mondelez buys rest of Vietnam snacks business
- Smucker cuts forecast as sales decline
- Unite outlines 2 Sisters stance on UK pizza site
- Arla Foods to help Nigeria's dairy development