CANADA: Canada Bread acquires Olafson's Baking Company
Toronto, Ontario-based Canada Bread Company (CBC), a manufacturer and distributor of bakery products and fresh pasta, has completed its purchase of the Olafson's Baking Company, which operates a bakery and distribution facility is based in Delta, BC. Olafson's has annual sales of about C$30m (US$19.42m) and currently employs around 330 people. It specialises in the production of premium value-added bakery products and is majority owned by its president and GM Dean Francis, who will join the CBC management team and continue to maintain a direct economic interest in the business.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Boparan confirms interest in Fox's Biscuits
- Update - Pladis not bidding for Weetabix