CANADA: Maple Leaf Foods Inc.: Canada Bread closes deal with Multi-Marques
Canada Bread Company, Limited (TSE: CBY), 68% owned by Maple Leaf Foods Inc. (TSE: MFI), announced Friday (12 October) that Canada Bread has closed the transaction to increase its 25% ownership in Multi-Marques to 100% by purchasing the remaining shares. Originally announced on January 22, 2001, the transaction was subject to review under the Competition Act. The review was recently satisfactorily completed. Canada Bread has agreed to sell a portion of its foodservice business in Atlantic Canada within twelve months. While this fully addresses the competitive issue in this particular market, it will not have a material financial impact on the overall sales or financial performance of the combined business.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review