CANADA: Maple Leaf Foods Inc.: Canada Bread closes deal with Multi-Marques
Canada Bread Company, Limited (TSE: CBY), 68% owned by Maple Leaf Foods Inc. (TSE: MFI), announced Friday (12 October) that Canada Bread has closed the transaction to increase its 25% ownership in Multi-Marques to 100% by purchasing the remaining shares. Originally announced on January 22, 2001, the transaction was subject to review under the Competition Act. The review was recently satisfactorily completed. Canada Bread has agreed to sell a portion of its foodservice business in Atlantic Canada within twelve months. While this fully addresses the competitive issue in this particular market, it will not have a material financial impact on the overall sales or financial performance of the combined business.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations