CANADA: Maple Leaf Foods Inc.: Canada Bread closes deal with Multi-Marques
Canada Bread Company, Limited (TSE: CBY), 68% owned by Maple Leaf Foods Inc. (TSE: MFI), announced Friday (12 October) that Canada Bread has closed the transaction to increase its 25% ownership in Multi-Marques to 100% by purchasing the remaining shares. Originally announced on January 22, 2001, the transaction was subject to review under the Competition Act. The review was recently satisfactorily completed. Canada Bread has agreed to sell a portion of its foodservice business in Atlantic Canada within twelve months. While this fully addresses the competitive issue in this particular market, it will not have a material financial impact on the overall sales or financial performance of the combined business.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre