CANADA: Canada Bread to close plant, lay off 181 workers
Canadian bakery company Canada Bread has said it will close its London, Ontario bakery in July 2003, leading to the loss of 181 jobs. Canada Bread, a unit of Canadian food company Maple Leaf Foods, said factors contributing to the closure were the age of the plant and the fact the company has sufficient capacity at other facilities.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch