CANADA/USA: Canada may consider action if US beef border stays closed
Canadian Federal Finance Minister John Manley has warned that Canada may be forced to take action if the US does not soon resume imports of Canadian beef. "We've all been talking with our counterparts,'' Manley was quoted as saying by the Canadian Press. "I spoke to the ambassador as recently as today [Friday] just to make sure they understand we will soon have to take steps that will begin to reduce the degree of integration (of the two countries' beef industries). That would be unfortunate.''
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK
- Mondelez plans "selective" UK price hikes
- Kellogg names Fareed Khan as incoming CFO