CANADA/USA: Canada may consider action if US beef border stays closed
Canadian Federal Finance Minister John Manley has warned that Canada may be forced to take action if the US does not soon resume imports of Canadian beef. "We've all been talking with our counterparts,'' Manley was quoted as saying by the Canadian Press. "I spoke to the ambassador as recently as today [Friday] just to make sure they understand we will soon have to take steps that will begin to reduce the degree of integration (of the two countries' beef industries). That would be unfortunate.''
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti