CANADA: Canada to focus on export subsidies at WTO meeting
Canada plans to focus on putting an end to export subsidies while protecting state marketing agencies, such as the Canadian Wheat Board, at the World Trade Organisation meeting in Cancun, Mexico next week, senior government officials have said. "We are seeking the elimination of agriculture export subsidies, substantial reductions in trade distorting domestic support, and real and substantial market access improvements for all agriculture and improved products," an Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada official was quoted by Dow Jones Commodities Service as saying.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action