CANADA: Canada's largest manufacturer of gourmet cinnamon rolls inks multi-store Cinnzeo franchise deal in Philippines
Cinnaroll Bakeries Limited today announced that it has signed a multi-store Cinnzeo franchise agreement with Teamsource Group International Corp., a master franchise operator in the Philippines. The deal will see eight Cinnzeo franchise outlets in operation by year-end and as many as 30 by 2002. All Cinnzeo outlets will be located in Manila, the capital of the Philippines, which has a population of approximately 10 million."To date, we have opened four outlets and expect to open four more before year-end," says Barry Walton, Cinnaroll's Vice-President of Corporate Development. "The demand in Manila for our baked-in-store gourmet cinnamon roll product is so strong that we are now conservatively estimating that we will open 30 franchise outlets by 2002."Wolton pointed out that initially Cinnaroll was surprised by the instant appeal of its Cinnzeo concept. He concedes that part of that appeal is due to the company's ability to successfully adapt its Canadian franchise design strategy to the Manila market. "At first we thought we could superimpose our mall franchise concept into the local Manila market," explains Wolton. "We were mistaken. We quickly learned that Filipinos prefer a street front approach with a more relaxed sit-down sidewalk caf\032
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review