CANADA: Canada's largest manufacturer of gourmet cinnamon rolls inks multi-store Cinnzeo franchise deal in Philippines
Cinnaroll Bakeries Limited today announced that it has signed a multi-store Cinnzeo franchise agreement with Teamsource Group International Corp., a master franchise operator in the Philippines. The deal will see eight Cinnzeo franchise outlets in operation by year-end and as many as 30 by 2002. All Cinnzeo outlets will be located in Manila, the capital of the Philippines, which has a population of approximately 10 million."To date, we have opened four outlets and expect to open four more before year-end," says Barry Walton, Cinnaroll's Vice-President of Corporate Development. "The demand in Manila for our baked-in-store gourmet cinnamon roll product is so strong that we are now conservatively estimating that we will open 30 franchise outlets by 2002."Wolton pointed out that initially Cinnaroll was surprised by the instant appeal of its Cinnzeo concept. He concedes that part of that appeal is due to the company's ability to successfully adapt its Canadian franchise design strategy to the Manila market. "At first we thought we could superimpose our mall franchise concept into the local Manila market," explains Wolton. "We were mistaken. We quickly learned that Filipinos prefer a street front approach with a more relaxed sit-down sidewalk caf\032
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid