CANADA/USA: Canadian hemp grower starts arbitration over compensation claim
Canadian hemp exporter Kenex has filed its NAFTA Notice of Arbitration with the US State Department and will now work with the US to will select a three-member arbitration panel to determine if at least US$20m compensation is due to Kenex for losses stemming from the Drug Enforcement Administration's (DEA) attempt to ban hemp seed foods.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- ABF sees further grocery revival