FRANCE: Candia guilty of misleading advertising on milk
Candia has been ordered to remove all references to health on the packaging and in adverts of its 'Silhouette Active' slimming milk
Candia, a subsidiary of French dairy group Sodiaal, has been found guilty of misleading advertising.
It has been ordered to remove all references to health on the packaging of and in adverts for its Silhouette Active slimming milk.
The court judgment follows a complaint from consumer protection association CLCV against Silhouette Active, which was launched in 2008.
The court found Candia's claims that Silhouette Active would leave consumers feeling full and result in a reduced food intake, were "erroneous and misleading".
"Candia will not be appealing against the judgment as we stopped marketing this product about a month ago and have moved out of this segment (of product)," a Candia spokesperson said.
In a statement, the CLCV said: "In our view, this is a case of dishonesty on a large scale in the slimming product segment where customers expectations are particularly strong."
The members of the Fromagerie de Blâmont (FdB) co-operative in eastern France, have voted in favour of merging its activities with those of Sodiaal....
Dairy in Taiwan industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also contains descriptions...
Sodiaal-owned Entremont has launched a range of cheese balls for the French market named Apéro cheese....
Dairy in France industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also contains descriptions...
- Comment: Paying the price for eating healthily
- Focus: Will Danone return to growth in dairy?
- Why Nestle is relaxed about the China "drag"
- Focus: Why French retail deals could hit suppliers
- M&A Watch: Emmi shareholders should consider sale
- Nestle organic sales fall on Asia, Europe
- Danone "eyes acquisition of Mead Johnson"
- Heinz jobs in Australasia to go in restructuring
- Symington's acquires Tanfield Foods
- Heinz silent over Polish factory expansion talk