FRANCE: Candia guilty of misleading advertising on milk
Candia has been ordered to remove all references to health on the packaging and in adverts of its 'Silhouette Active' slimming milk
Candia, a subsidiary of French dairy group Sodiaal, has been found guilty of misleading advertising.
It has been ordered to remove all references to health on the packaging of and in adverts for its Silhouette Active slimming milk.
The court judgment follows a complaint from consumer protection association CLCV against Silhouette Active, which was launched in 2008.
The court found Candia's claims that Silhouette Active would leave consumers feeling full and result in a reduced food intake, were "erroneous and misleading".
"Candia will not be appealing against the judgment as we stopped marketing this product about a month ago and have moved out of this segment (of product)," a Candia spokesperson said.
In a statement, the CLCV said: "In our view, this is a case of dishonesty on a large scale in the slimming product segment where customers expectations are particularly strong."
The members of the Fromagerie de Blâmont (FdB) co-operative in eastern France, have voted in favour of merging its activities with those of Sodiaal....
Sodiaal-owned Entremont has launched a range of cheese balls for the French market named Apéro cheese....
Union officials representing staff at Sodiaal has criticised the French dairy giant for being interested in factories owned by rival Terra Lacta - as it plans to close three of its own plants....
Sodiaal-owned French dairy Candia incurred losses of EUR25m (US$32.7m) last year as dairy groups struggles to cover cost increases....
- Focus: Why ABF is making bread better-for-you
- Why China was central to Nestle executive change
- Comment: How dairy can leverage nutrition
- Comment: Act now to cut antibiotics in meat
- Focus: Delivering dairy to Indian consumers
- Russia "likely to extend food embargo"
- Oreo, gum propels Mondelez in China
- Kerry benefits from snacking trends
- First Milk to cut jobs, milk prices
- Nestle launches Gerber Lil' Bits
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global Seasonings, Dressings & Sauces Market: Merger and Acquisitions February 2015
- Associated British Foods plc - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Food and beverage packaging today – what’s next?
- North America Food & Beverage Stabilizers and Systems Market – Analysis and Forecast upto 2019