FRANCE: Candia guilty of misleading advertising on milk
Candia has been ordered to remove all references to health on the packaging and in adverts of its 'Silhouette Active' slimming milk
Candia, a subsidiary of French dairy group Sodiaal, has been found guilty of misleading advertising.
It has been ordered to remove all references to health on the packaging of and in adverts for its Silhouette Active slimming milk.
The court judgment follows a complaint from consumer protection association CLCV against Silhouette Active, which was launched in 2008.
The court found Candia's claims that Silhouette Active would leave consumers feeling full and result in a reduced food intake, were "erroneous and misleading".
"Candia will not be appealing against the judgment as we stopped marketing this product about a month ago and have moved out of this segment (of product)," a Candia spokesperson said.
In a statement, the CLCV said: "In our view, this is a case of dishonesty on a large scale in the slimming product segment where customers expectations are particularly strong."
The members of the Fromagerie de Blâmont (FdB) co-operative in eastern France, have voted in favour of merging its activities with those of Sodiaal....
Sodiaal-owned Entremont has launched a range of cheese balls for the French market named Apéro cheese....
Union officials representing staff at Sodiaal has criticised the French dairy giant for being interested in factories owned by rival Terra Lacta - as it plans to close three of its own plants....
Sodiaal-owned French dairy Candia incurred losses of EUR25m (US$32.7m) last year as dairy groups struggles to cover cost increases....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Tyrrells' growth plans - CEO interview, part two
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Post, ConAgra 'held talks' over Lamb Weston merger
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- German dairy group DMK names Ingo Mueller new CEO
- Europe's food firms slam French origin labels plan
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights