UK: Captain Scott's chocolate fetches US$1500 at auction
When adventurer Captain Robert Scott packed a bar of Cadbury chocolate among his rations for his pioneering exploration of the Antarctic in 1901, he could never have guessed that a century later the same bar would fetch nearly US$1500 at auction. Preserved in a cigarette tin, the 10cm bar was among the 1587kg of chocolate and cocoa Scott packed into his ship,
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs