CANADA: Cara and Second Cup reach agreement; Cara to buyout shares Of Bregman family
Leading foodservice group Cara Operations Ltd and specialty coffee company The Second Cup Ltd jointly announced today [Monday] that they have reached an agreement in respect of Cara's offer to purchase all of the outstanding common shares of Second Cup. The companies have agreed that Cara will increase its offer price to C$8.00 (US$4.94) in cash per common share and extend the expiry date of the offer until 9:00 pm on 5 February. Second Cup's board of directors, following receipt of the recommendation of the Special Committee, will support the offer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses