CANADA: Cara and Second Cup reach agreement; Cara to buyout shares Of Bregman family
Leading foodservice group Cara Operations Ltd and specialty coffee company The Second Cup Ltd jointly announced today [Monday] that they have reached an agreement in respect of Cara's offer to purchase all of the outstanding common shares of Second Cup. The companies have agreed that Cara will increase its offer price to C$8.00 (US$4.94) in cash per common share and extend the expiry date of the offer until 9:00 pm on 5 February. Second Cup's board of directors, following receipt of the recommendation of the Special Committee, will support the offer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre