CANADA: Cara and Second Cup reach agreement; Cara to buyout shares Of Bregman family
Leading foodservice group Cara Operations Ltd and specialty coffee company The Second Cup Ltd jointly announced today [Monday] that they have reached an agreement in respect of Cara's offer to purchase all of the outstanding common shares of Second Cup. The companies have agreed that Cara will increase its offer price to C$8.00 (US$4.94) in cash per common share and extend the expiry date of the offer until 9:00 pm on 5 February. Second Cup's board of directors, following receipt of the recommendation of the Special Committee, will support the offer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch