CANADA: Cara Operations completes sale Of Health Services business
Toronto, Ontario-based Cara Operations Ltd has successfully completed the previously announced sale of the business carried on by Cara's Health Services Division to Compass Group Canada. The total proceeds of the transaction to Cara are approximately C$30m (US$m), and under the terms of the deal, Compass Group also agreed to enter into a food service distribution agreement with Cara's distribution subsidiary, Summit Food Service Distributors (SFSD). SFSD will supply the Compass health services accounts in Canada, and Compass Group will also continue to have the opportunity to licence Cara's brands in health services accounts, including Harvey's, Swiss Chalet and Second Cup.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- General Mills issues profit warning
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Kraft Heinz pulls Unilever bid