CANADA: Cara Operations completes sale Of Health Services business
Toronto, Ontario-based Cara Operations Ltd has successfully completed the previously announced sale of the business carried on by Cara's Health Services Division to Compass Group Canada. The total proceeds of the transaction to Cara are approximately C$30m (US$m), and under the terms of the deal, Compass Group also agreed to enter into a food service distribution agreement with Cara's distribution subsidiary, Summit Food Service Distributors (SFSD). SFSD will supply the Compass health services accounts in Canada, and Compass Group will also continue to have the opportunity to licence Cara's brands in health services accounts, including Harvey's, Swiss Chalet and Second Cup.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report