UK: Cardiff ups support for dairy industry
The Welsh Assembly has announced plans to promote sustainability, efficiency and added-value in the Welsh dairy industry, with an investment of GBP3.3m (US$5m).
A spokesperson for the Department for Rural Affairs told just-food that the move is designed to help Welsh dairy producers compete effectively in the challenging dairy market.
“With a lot of dairy producers struggling in the current environment, it is important to develop efficient and sustainable production practices,” the spokesperson said.
The project is funded by the Supply Chain Efficiencies scheme through the Rural Development plan for Wales. It will be delivered by Coleg Sir Gâr and DairyCo and will offer dairy farmers advice and information on a variety of issues, ranging from energy efficiency to maximising production efficiency and profits.
“Promoting collaborative working practices, improving supply chain linkages and ensuring the sharing of best practice amongst producers will be essential in enabling the industry to work more efficiently,” Minister for Rural Affairs Elin Jones said.
“The dairy industry is vitally important to the Welsh economy, and I am conscious of the pressures the industry currently faces. Through co-operation we will be able to secure a sustainable, efficient and innovative Welsh dairy sector.”
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review