US: Cargill CFO Rial to leave business
Cargill looking for permanent replacement
Cargill CFO Sergio Rial is to leave the US agribusiness giant at the end of the month, the company announced today (2 November).
Rial is returning to his native Brazil for "personal reasons", Cargill said. David MacLennan, the group's president and COO will take on the CFO role on an interim basis until a permanent replacement is found. MacLennan was Cargill CFO between 2008 and 2011.
Rial joined Cargill in 2004 when he took a role within the company's group of food businesses. He accepted a position in Cargill's financial services team in 2009.
Last month, Cargill reported a quadrupling in its first-quarter profits, boosted by higher demand for its services due to a drop in yields resulting from poor weather, particularly in the US.
In its last financial year, Cargill's profits fell 56% as volatile commodity markets and a downturn in the North American beef sector hit earnings.
Last month also saw Cargill sell its cultures and enzymes business to Dutch ingredients giant DSM.
Original source: Cargill
Cargill is to take its table-top stevia sweetener brand Truvia into Canada - and revealed it wants to launch the product into Brazil and India....
ConAgra Foods, Cargill and CHS are to form a joint venture combining their flour milling capabilities in the US....
US agribusiness giant Cargill has settled a long-running dispute with the Mexican government over trade barriers erected against high-fructose corn syrup....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- How to win in Australian gluten-free cereal
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights