US: Cargill CFO Rial to leave business
Cargill looking for permanent replacement
Cargill CFO Sergio Rial is to leave the US agribusiness giant at the end of the month, the company announced today (2 November).
Rial is returning to his native Brazil for "personal reasons", Cargill said. David MacLennan, the group's president and COO will take on the CFO role on an interim basis until a permanent replacement is found. MacLennan was Cargill CFO between 2008 and 2011.
Rial joined Cargill in 2004 when he took a role within the company's group of food businesses. He accepted a position in Cargill's financial services team in 2009.
Last month, Cargill reported a quadrupling in its first-quarter profits, boosted by higher demand for its services due to a drop in yields resulting from poor weather, particularly in the US.
In its last financial year, Cargill's profits fell 56% as volatile commodity markets and a downturn in the North American beef sector hit earnings.
Last month also saw Cargill sell its cultures and enzymes business to Dutch ingredients giant DSM.
Original source: Cargill
Cargill is to take its table-top stevia sweetener brand Truvia into Canada - and revealed it wants to launch the product into Brazil and India....
ConAgra Foods, Cargill and CHS are to form a joint venture combining their flour milling capabilities in the US....
US agribusiness giant Cargill has settled a long-running dispute with the Mexican government over trade barriers erected against high-fructose corn syrup....
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- Why May's Brexit comments give reason for optimism
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- Ahold Delhaize resolves Kraft Heinz delisting spat
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report