US: Cargill coy over "interest" in ADM cocoa business
Cargill performed due diligence on the ADM business last month, a source told Reuters
ADM last month confirmed it was in talks over a potential sale of its cocoa business. A spokesperson for the group said the company was evaluating "strategic options" for the unit as part of its long-term commitment to "create shareholder value".
According to a Reuters report yesterday (2 July), Cargill performed due diligence on the ADM business last month. Reuters, however, said it was "unclear" whether Cargill has placed, or intends to place, a bid for ADM's unit, which is estimated to be worth around US$2bn.
A spokesperson for Cargill told just-food: "At any one time Cargill is assessing a number of initiatives to progress its business strategy. It is our policy that we will communicate as and when there is anything definitive. We do not comment on rumours or speculation."
Cargill and ADM are the second- and third-largest cocoa grinders worldwide. Barry Callebaut took the top spot after its acquisition of Petra Foods' cocoa ingredients business, which closed at the weekend.
Perhaps the biggest story of the year, with the widest impact on the sector, was the horsemeat contamination saga. However, it was ironic the scandal should occur when food companies are placing incre...
Oil Crops in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contai...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Hydrocolloid market to grow at a CAGR of 5.57 percent over the period 2014-2018. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the increasing de...
Archer Daniels Midland is to pay US$54m to settle cases of bribery at a subsidiary in Ukraine....
Our discussion of Whole Foods' battle to see off newly-listed rivals Sprouts Farmers Market and Fairway, Unilever's ongoing moves to rationalise its portfolio, the impact Chinese demand was having on ...
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Why Flowers Foods organic bread deal is a killer
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Ajinomoto "eyes acquisitions in Europe"
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Chocolate and Chocolate Candy Manufacturing Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2022
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report