US: Cargill in talks to sell cultures, enzymes unit to DSM
Cargill said the talks "may or may not" result in the sale of the cultures and enzymes operation
Cargill has confirmed it is in "exclusive discussions" to sell global cultures and enzymes business to Dutch ingredients giant DSM.
The US-based agricultural commodities group said the talks "may or may not" result in the sale of the cultures and enzymes operation which forms part of its global texturising business and has production facilities in Wisconsin and La Ferte-Sous-Jouarre (France). It produces cultures and enzymes for the dairy and meat industries and employs around 200 people.
Cargill said "both companies are now engaging in the information and consultation process with employee representative bodies in the relevant countries to seek their input".
Cargill's move to seek a buyer for the business is in line with its strategy to focus its texturising business on product lines that are closer to its core activities and where it can be a "leading or relevant player in the marketplace".
ConAgra Foods, Cargill and CHS are to form a joint venture combining their flour milling capabilities in the US....
US agribusiness giant Cargill has settled a long-running dispute with the Mexican government over trade barriers erected against high-fructose corn syrup....
Agri-giant Bunge has announced chief executive Alberto Weisser plans to retire at the beginning of June, to be replaced by the CEO of its North American arm Soren Schroder....
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Nestle's focus on food for health - interview
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Healthier food a major opportunity for food makers
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016