US: Cargill in talks to sell cultures, enzymes unit to DSM
Cargill said the talks "may or may not" result in the sale of the cultures and enzymes operation
Cargill has confirmed it is in "exclusive discussions" to sell global cultures and enzymes business to Dutch ingredients giant DSM.
The US-based agricultural commodities group said the talks "may or may not" result in the sale of the cultures and enzymes operation which forms part of its global texturising business and has production facilities in Wisconsin and La Ferte-Sous-Jouarre (France). It produces cultures and enzymes for the dairy and meat industries and employs around 200 people.
Cargill said "both companies are now engaging in the information and consultation process with employee representative bodies in the relevant countries to seek their input".
Cargill's move to seek a buyer for the business is in line with its strategy to focus its texturising business on product lines that are closer to its core activities and where it can be a "leading or relevant player in the marketplace".
ConAgra Foods, Cargill and CHS are to form a joint venture combining their flour milling capabilities in the US....
US agribusiness giant Cargill has settled a long-running dispute with the Mexican government over trade barriers erected against high-fructose corn syrup....
Agri-giant Bunge has announced chief executive Alberto Weisser plans to retire at the beginning of June, to be replaced by the CEO of its North American arm Soren Schroder....
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Why Flowers Foods organic bread deal is a killer
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Ajinomoto "eyes acquisitions in Europe"
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Chocolate and Chocolate Candy Manufacturing Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2022
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report