US: Cargill in talks to sell cultures, enzymes unit to DSM
Cargill said the talks "may or may not" result in the sale of the cultures and enzymes operation
Cargill has confirmed it is in "exclusive discussions" to sell global cultures and enzymes business to Dutch ingredients giant DSM.
The US-based agricultural commodities group said the talks "may or may not" result in the sale of the cultures and enzymes operation which forms part of its global texturising business and has production facilities in Wisconsin and La Ferte-Sous-Jouarre (France). It produces cultures and enzymes for the dairy and meat industries and employs around 200 people.
Cargill said "both companies are now engaging in the information and consultation process with employee representative bodies in the relevant countries to seek their input".
Cargill's move to seek a buyer for the business is in line with its strategy to focus its texturising business on product lines that are closer to its core activities and where it can be a "leading or relevant player in the marketplace".
ConAgra Foods, Cargill and CHS are to form a joint venture combining their flour milling capabilities in the US....
US agribusiness giant Cargill has settled a long-running dispute with the Mexican government over trade barriers erected against high-fructose corn syrup....
Agri-giant Bunge has announced chief executive Alberto Weisser plans to retire at the beginning of June, to be replaced by the CEO of its North American arm Soren Schroder....
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Raisio buys UK, Ireland and Belgium Benecol ops
- Lactalis submits takeover bid for Arab Dairy
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report