US: Cargill in talks to sell cultures, enzymes unit to DSM
Cargill said the talks "may or may not" result in the sale of the cultures and enzymes operation
Cargill has confirmed it is in "exclusive discussions" to sell global cultures and enzymes business to Dutch ingredients giant DSM.
The US-based agricultural commodities group said the talks "may or may not" result in the sale of the cultures and enzymes operation which forms part of its global texturising business and has production facilities in Wisconsin and La Ferte-Sous-Jouarre (France). It produces cultures and enzymes for the dairy and meat industries and employs around 200 people.
Cargill said "both companies are now engaging in the information and consultation process with employee representative bodies in the relevant countries to seek their input".
Cargill's move to seek a buyer for the business is in line with its strategy to focus its texturising business on product lines that are closer to its core activities and where it can be a "leading or relevant player in the marketplace".
ConAgra Foods, Cargill and CHS are to form a joint venture combining their flour milling capabilities in the US....
US agribusiness giant Cargill has settled a long-running dispute with the Mexican government over trade barriers erected against high-fructose corn syrup....
Agri-giant Bunge has announced chief executive Alberto Weisser plans to retire at the beginning of June, to be replaced by the CEO of its North American arm Soren Schroder....
- How brands are eyeing their own retail presence
- Why Lactalis could move for Dairy Crest
- Who could swoop for Diamond Foods?
- The consistent inconsistency of European promos
- Indonesia – How ice cream makers can drive volumes
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream in joint venture talks
- How the food industry is reacting to TPP
- Mondelez 'preparing to sell European cheese unit'
- Unilever acquires Italian gelato group Grom
- China implements new safety regulations
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Global Savory Snacks Market: Merger and Acquisitions August 2015
- Danone SA : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- E-Grocery Market in India - Market Research 2015-2019
- Food and Beverage Coding and Marking Equipment: Market Outlook 2015-2019