USA: Cargill purchases 5.3% stake in Purina Mills
Agribusiness giant Cargill has purchased a 5.3% stake in the largest US producer of livestock feed, Purina Mills.
The stake is the second Cargill has made in a former Ralston Purina business, having also recently acquired Agribrands.
The financial details were not released, but Cargill sources revealed that the stake was secured for "investment purposes." Purina Mills revealed recently that it was considering an acquisition proposal.
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Ice cream helps Unilever sales, food flat
- Post: Weetabix "opens up M&A opportunities"
- Suntory to offload Australia, New Zealand foods
- Nestle organic growth slows but beats expectations