USA: Cargill Turkey Products adds one additional item to existing turkey recall
Cargill Turkey Products is adding one additional ready-to-eat turkey product to the list of poultry products covered by the recall it voluntarily initiated in December. The additional product is Honeysuckle White Hickory Smoked Lean Turkey Ham. Like the other poultry products covered by the existing recall, the Turkey Ham product being added to the recall was produced solely at Cargill's facility in Waco, Texas. The product was sold in pre-packaged, unsliced form with each package weighing about two pounds, and is generally located in the fresh meat case in grocery stores. The packaging on the Turkey Ham product lists the facility's establishment number of P-635 in a small circle in the lower third of the package and indicates a use or freeze-by date before Feb. 26, 2001. A total of 196,020 additional pounds produced since May 1, 2000, are being recalled. No raw, uncooked turkey products are included in the recall.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: KP Snacks on growth strategy
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre
- TreeHouse Foods sells soup, baby food units