USA: Cargill Turkey Products adds one additional item to existing turkey recall
Cargill Turkey Products is adding one additional ready-to-eat turkey product to the list of poultry products covered by the recall it voluntarily initiated in December. The additional product is Honeysuckle White Hickory Smoked Lean Turkey Ham. Like the other poultry products covered by the existing recall, the Turkey Ham product being added to the recall was produced solely at Cargill's facility in Waco, Texas. The product was sold in pre-packaged, unsliced form with each package weighing about two pounds, and is generally located in the fresh meat case in grocery stores. The packaging on the Turkey Ham product lists the facility's establishment number of P-635 in a small circle in the lower third of the package and indicates a use or freeze-by date before Feb. 26, 2001. A total of 196,020 additional pounds produced since May 1, 2000, are being recalled. No raw, uncooked turkey products are included in the recall.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant