USA: Cargill Turkey Products adds one additional item to existing turkey recall
Cargill Turkey Products is adding one additional ready-to-eat turkey product to the list of poultry products covered by the recall it voluntarily initiated in December. The additional product is Honeysuckle White Hickory Smoked Lean Turkey Ham. Like the other poultry products covered by the existing recall, the Turkey Ham product being added to the recall was produced solely at Cargill's facility in Waco, Texas. The product was sold in pre-packaged, unsliced form with each package weighing about two pounds, and is generally located in the fresh meat case in grocery stores. The packaging on the Turkey Ham product lists the facility's establishment number of P-635 in a small circle in the lower third of the package and indicates a use or freeze-by date before Feb. 26, 2001. A total of 196,020 additional pounds produced since May 1, 2000, are being recalled. No raw, uncooked turkey products are included in the recall.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega