UK: Carlton/Sainsbury - Taste goes bad - COMMENT (Members)
Carlton and Sainsbury have axed their multimedia joint venture, Taste Network. The eCommerce and advertising downturn meant the project wasn't making any money, and the owners weren't willing to add extra funding. Taste's demise means it will never achieve its original aim of attracting iTV commerce revenues. However, this doesn't mean that iTV shopping is doomed, just that Taste launched too early.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs